Apprenticeships are very much like normal, full-time jobs but with tailored training and qualifications included within them. Apprenticeships give you the skills, knowledge and behaviours required for the job role.
- 1 to 5 years to complete
- 16 years or over
- Level 2 – 7
Supported Apprenticeships / Traineeships
Supported apprenticeships and traineeships are programs that allow individuals to gain practical skills and work experience in a particular industry or occupation while also receiving additional support and guidance to help them succeed.
Supported Traineeship – an education and unpaid training programme with work experience that unlocks the great potential of young people who want to get an apprenticeship or job but don’t yet have appropriate skills or experience.
Supported Apprenticeship – a programme trains workers to become skilled in a particular trade. Apprenticeships combine hands-on work with classroom learning. Apprenticeships are considered full-time employment.
For adults aged 19 or older, Skills Bootcamps offer free, flexible courses lasting up to 16 weeks. Upon completion, people can build up valuable sector-specific skills and find a job based on local employer demand.
A Skills Bootcamp is a type of intensive training program that provides students with the opportunity to learn new skills and knowledge in a specific field or industry.
These Skills Bootcamps are designed to be fast-paced, hands-on, and practical, allowing individuals to gain real-world experience and develop the skills they need to succeed in their chosen careers.
Bootcamps are a great way for individuals to upskill or reskill quickly without having to commit to a long-term degree program. They are also ideal for people who are looking to make a career change, as they offer a more flexible and affordable option than traditional education.
Some of the key benefits of Skills Bootcamps include:
- Speed: Bootcamps are designed to be completed quickly, allowing students to gain new skills and knowledge quickly and efficiently.
- Affordability: Bootcamps are typically more affordable than traditional education options, making them a great choice for individuals who are looking to upskill or reskill on a budget.
- Practical experience: Bootcamps are hands-on and practical, providing students with real-world experience and the opportunity to develop the skills they need to succeed in their chosen careers.
- Career support: Many Skill Bootcamps offer career support services, including job placement assistance, resume building, and networking opportunities, to help students find success after completing their programs.
Overall, Skills Bootcamps in the UK are an excellent way for individuals to quickly and efficiently upskill or reskill while gaining practical experience and support to succeed in their careers.
T Levels are newly introduced 2-year courses (2020), which are taken after GCSEs and are similar to 3 A levels.
Students are prepared for entry into skilled employment, an apprenticeship, or technical study through further or higher education through these courses developed in collaboration with employers and education providers.
The courses are available at selected colleges, schools and other providers across Somerset and England.
- Broadly equivalent to 3 A levels
- Practical / knowledge-based learning
- Industry placement
- Approx 45 days
T levels are a new type of technical education that has been introduced in the UK as part of the government’s efforts to provide students with high-quality, career-focused training options. T levels are designed to be equivalent to 3 A levels and offer students the chance to study in-depth in a specific industry or sector.
T levels are a 2-year program that combines classroom learning with hands-on experience through a substantial industry placement. This allows students to gain practical skills and knowledge, and valuable work experience in their chosen field.
- Career-focused: T levels are designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in specific industries, making them a great choice for students who are looking to start a career in a specific field.
- Hands-on experience: T levels combine classroom learning with practical experience through a substantial industry placement, allowing students to gain real-world skills and knowledge.
- Recognised qualifications: T levels are recognized by employers and higher education institutions, giving students valuable qualifications that can help them progress in their careers.
- Flexibility: T levels are designed to be flexible, allowing students to choose the program that best meets their career goals and interests.
- Support: T levels come with support services, including career guidance and advice, to help students succeed in their chosen careers.
Overall, T levels are an excellent option for UK students looking for career-focused and hands-on technical education. They offer a high-quality and flexible education that can help students achieve their goals and succeed in their careers.